Event Management is a professional field that involves conceiving, ideating, planning, budgeting, organizing, and executing the event. The target audience is not only engaged but is also overwhelmed with an unforgettable experience at the event. In addition, event management ensures the appropriate utilization of resources.
The goals, objectives, and target audience define the parameters of success for each event. And that’s what makes one event differ from another.
Event management offers a fulfilling career since it’s not only lucrative, exciting, glamorous but also offers creative satisfaction.
Benefits of Events
- Events are practical conversion tools: Events can help efficiently market the company’s products and services to actual and potential customers. It facilitates an opportunity to establish customer contacts, build relationships. The knowledgeable staff present at the events can clarify any doubts customers may have about the product, thus ensuring better conversion rates (read sales) as well as better customer loyalty.
- Help build employee motivation: Internal events (like team building events etc.) not only strengthen ties but also boost employee morale, thus ensuring better production and employee loyalty.
- Enable Networking: Events offer a great opportunity to meet new prospects, build new contacts, widen the network of contacts, meet customers, colleagues & other professionals. They can be your leads or facilitate conversions.
- Brand Interaction: Events enable customers to interact with your brand, discover it, know it, build affinity and thus trust.
On completion of the course from Event Management College in India, you can rest assured that you will get opportunities with any of the following:
- Event Management Companies
- Corporate Houses
- Hotels / Resorts / Clubs for MICE
- Travel & Tourism Companies for MICE
- Experiential Marketing Companies
- Advertising Agencies
- Media Houses-Print, TV, Radio
- PR Agencies
- Movie Production Houses
- Educational Institutes
- Music Companies
- Fashion Houses
- Sports Management Companies
Event Management Colleges in India
Given the opportunities and the scope, event management is being offered by various colleges across India. While selecting the college, the students must take into consideration the following points:
- Events & Entertainment Management Association of India (EEMA) is the largest and premier Industry body of India as well as entire Asia. Hence it will be beneficial for students to join a college that not only has its curriculum developed in partnership with the Events & Entertainment Management Association of India (EEMA), but also offers a professional diploma certified by the Events & Entertainment Management Association of India (EEMA)
- Students should join a college that has an Alliance with the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) since it will facilitate internship and placement opportunities in relevant events.
- College must offer a combination of theoretical knowledge along with practical hands-on training
- Relevant exposure through internships at International and Domestic Events-Music Concerts, Award Shows, Film Festivals, Jaipur Lit Fest, Indian Fashion Week, Dubai Shopping Festival, etc.
- Regular interaction with alumni, as well as industry experts from EEMA, will ensure that the students are updated with the current market trends
- Colleges must offer students supplementary courses that complement the event management course. Examples can be a course in audio-visual technology, Integrating with mass & social media, live streaming of events, vendor management, etc.
So, if you want to work in an industry that offers creative satisfaction and the glamour of meeting various celebrities in addition to getting a good salary. Do not waste your time looking at options; just register for an event management course.